ITM 102 Study Guide - Final Guide: Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, Personal Information Management

82 views9 pages

Document Summary

Knowledge worker a professional who performs knowledge work. Knowledge work intellectual activity that is performed by people upon data, info, and knowledge. Business organization with one or more people who: decide upon goals to pursue, locate and organize resources, create processes to reach goal. The business environment consists of: customers, competitors, governments, and suppliers. Globalization - expanding the market globally, finding low cost suppliers, create 24hour work days. I nternet a large number of computer networks. Knowledge when a person combines experience and judgment with information. I nformation system organized collection of people, information, business processes, and information technology, designed to transform inputs into outputs to achieve a goal. Is enhances knowledge work, decision making, problem solving, communicating, and coordinating. Tr ansaction processing systems captures and processes transactions. Management i nformation systems provides timely information. Decision support systems provides analytical / visualization tools to support decision making. Enterprise resource management centralize and standardize the storage/management of data.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers