PHL 333 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Eternal Return, Friedrich Nietzsche, German Literature

27 views3 pages

Document Summary

Friedrich nietzsche (1844-1900)- part 2: with the death of god and the transvaluation of values, the task of super-man is huge, the word super-man appears several times in a classical literature and in. Let your will say: the overman shall be the meaning of the earth. I beseech you, my brothers, remain faithful to the earth, and do not believe those who speak to you of otherworldly hopes!: glimpses of superman are given us in certain figures of history, such as. In the chapter entitled "on self-overcoming" in thus spoke zarathustra, Nietzsche has the prophet say, "that is your whole will, you who are wisest: a will to power--when you speak of good and evil, too ,and of valuations. You still want to create the world before which you can kneel: that is your ultimate hope and intoxicationwhatever lives, obeyshe who cannot obey himself is commanded. Behold", it said, "i am that which must always overcome itself.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers