Quantitative Methods
Course
QMS 102
Professor
Robert Hudyma
Semester
Fall

Description
Definitions - Mean: average Stem and leaf - Mode: most repeated # - Sort data/find range - Median: Middle #, n +1 / 2 - Select classes (5-15) - Range: highest # - lowest # - Find range - Truncated: ALWAYS round down - Width = range/# of classes - Nominal: No ranking - Midpoints = middle of - Ordianal = ranking classes - Interval = no def for 0, ex. Temperature “-2” - - Ratio = 0 has a def - Discrete= a limit - Continuous = no limit - The central tendency is the extent to which all the data values group around a typical or central value. - The variation is the amount of dispersion or scattering of values - The shape is the pattern of the distribution of values from the lowest value to the highest value. Sample Variance n Standard Deviation 2  (X i X) 2 i1 S  n-1 Where = arithmetic mean n = sample size th 1. Compute the difference between each value X = i value of the variable X i and the mean. 2. Square each difference. 3. Add the squared differences. Coefficients of variation 4. Divide this total by n-1 to get the sample variance. CV  S  100% 5. Take the square root of the sample variance X    to get the sample standard deviation.  Stock A:  Av
More Less

Related notes for QMS 102

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit