SSH 100 Final: Exam notes

40 views4 pages

Document Summary

12/7/2012 7:42:00 am: inquiry- methodical ways of pursuing truth, theory: social order/conflict, methodical research: positivist or critical (empirical data, concrete reality, methodical research: interpretive or critical (stories, critical (positivist + interpretive) Answer based on particular perspective: social science- different views of human nature, human interactions. As a first year student, coming into this course i didn"t know what this course was about. I didn"t feel that an exact definition was given of the course which made acquiring the connections between concepts extremely difficult. I was able to understand the individual concepts discussed in this course however it was difficult to connect them to social scientific inquiry. For example the different concepts of the cycle of inquiry was explained thoroughly but how the cycle as a whole worked together was difficult to grasp. The project was a little confusing and it was hard to realize that the project was a way to practice methodical inquiry.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers