SOC 808 Midterm: SOC808-Midterm-Questions

2 Pages

Department
Sociology
Course Code
SOC 808
Professor
Jacqui Gingras

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Midterm #2 Questions!!!!
Question 13 What has led to the fisheries crisis
Answer: E , dietary preferences, overcapacity of huge vessels and boating equipment, lack of
management, oversight and government regulations, economic needs
Question 14 Which one of the following negatively impact the environment of our food system
Answer: D , food production, primary production, retailers
Question 15 What was rated the most popular eatery at Ryerson in 2014?
Answer: D , Okhlam Café
Question 16 What are examples of popular pseudo healthy foods
Answer: D all of the above , trail mix, fruit yogurt, pre packaged salads
Question 17 Food sovereignty is not..
Answer: E, the leading cause of obesity
Question 18- Which of the following is NOT a critique of the healthy menu choices act (2015)?
Answer: D , it helps teens and young adults make healthy food choices
Question 19 Providing only the calorie count on the menu perpetuates which false understanding of
food?
Ans: b and c
Question 20- Which of the following factors does not contribute to the state of food insecurity?
Answer: cookbooks
Question 21- In the eyes of advertisers, what group of individuals is marketing the most effective?
Answer: Children’s/teens
Question 22 Which of the following are major food GMO crops?
Answer: all of the above
Question 23- Which of the following countries has banned the cultivation and importation of GM
products from their country entirely?
Ans: Russia
Question 24- What percentage of the countries in the world face a medium risk of food security
Answer: 10%
Question 25- Which of the following are negatively impacted by climate change?
Answer: Food, Animals, rainforests, oceans, All of the above
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Midterm #2 Questions!!!! Question 13 What has led to the fisheries crisis Answer: E , dietary preferences, overcapacity of huge vessels and boating equipment, lack of management, oversight and government regulations, economic needs Question 14 Which one of the following negatively impact the environment of our food system Answer: D , food production, primary production, retailers Question 15 What was rated the most popular eatery at Ryerson in 2014? Answer: D , Okhlam Caf Question 16 What are examples of popular pseudo healthy foods Answer: D all of the above , trail mix, fruit yogurt, pre packaged salads Question 17 Food sovereignty is not.. Answer: E, the leading cause of obesity Question 18- Which of the following is NOT a critique of the healthy menu choices act (2015)? Answer: D , it helps teens and young adults make healthy food choices Question 19 Providing only the calorie count on the menu perpetuates which false understanding of food? Ans: b and c Question 20- Which of the following factors does not contribute to the state of food insecurity? Answer: cookbooks Question 21- In the eyes of advertisers, what group of individuals is marketing the most effective? Answer: Childrens/teens Question 22 Which of the following are major food GMO crops? Answer: all of the above Question 23- Which of the following countries has banned the cultivation and importation of GM products from their country entirely? Ans: Russia Question 24- What percentage of the countries in the world face a medium risk of food security Answer: 10% Question 25- Which of the following are negatively impacted by climate change? Answer: Food, Animals, rainforests, oceans, All of the above Question 26- Which of the following is not a benefit of urban agriculture? Answer: All of the above are benefits of urban agriculture Question 27- Which chronic disease
More Less
Unlock Document

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit