Chapter 7 Communication Quiz
1) The Four conditionals that affect encoded messages are: skill, attitudes, knowledge, and social-
2) The Study of physical space in interpersonal relationships is called proxemics. True
3) Most business school teams use a communication network in which there are no restrictions and
all members are equal. This type of network is all-channel.
4) Tannen’s research indicates that men use talk to emphasize status; while women use it to create
5) Under stress regarding oral and/or written communication is known as communication
6) Stephen is preparing a report on the profitability of a new brand for a consumer products
company. When he chooses to report sales and profit increases as percentages, rather than
absolute values, so that the executive team continues to support his project, he is filtering
7) The study of body motions, such as gestures, facial configurations, and other movements of the
body is called kinesics.
8) Rumours would most likely flourish in situations where there is anxiety and ambiguity.
9) High-context cultures rely heavily on nonverbal and subtle situational cues in communication.
10) As depicted in the communication process model, the source initiates communication by
choosing a message.
11) Mia is working at an employment agency that helps new arrivals find their first job in Canada.
Although mia was born and raised in Canada herself, she really gets to know her clients and