Business Administration
Course
BUS 381
Professor
Jeremy Hall
Semester
Winter

Description
Chapter 10: Performance Appraisal Performance Appraisal Process 1. Defining performance expectations/Setting Work Standards 2. Appraising performance Relative to Standard Behaviourally Anchored Rating Scales (BARS) i. Generate critical incidents ii. Develop Performance Dimensions iii. Reallocate Incidents iv. Scale incidents v. Develop final instrument Management by Objectives (MBO) i. Set organization’s goals ii. Set departmental goals iii. Discuss departmental goals, ask employees to develop own goals to contribute iv. Define expected results v. Performance reviews vi. Provide feedback 3. Providing Feedback to Employee ­ Appraisal Interview a. Assemble Data b. Prepare employee c. Agree on time/place (private) Chapter 11: Total Rewards Establishing Pay Rates 1. Determine the worth of each job using job evaluation ­ Internal Equity a. Identify need for job evaluation b. Get employee cooperation c. Choose a job evaluation Committee Ranking Method i. Obtain Job information ii. Group jobs to be rated iii. Select compensable factors iv. Rank jobs v. Combine ratings with other raters Point Method i. Determine clusters of jobs to evaluate ii. Collect job information iii. Select, define compensable factors iv. Define factor degrees v. Determine factor weights vi. Assign point values to factors/degrees vii. Write job evaluation manual viii. Rate jobs
More Less

Related notes for BUS 381

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit