Interactive Arts & Tech
Course
IAT 265
Professor
Matt Lockyer
Semester
Winter

Description
Pong Main /* Goal: Implement a simple PONG game. Features: - two paddles that bounce the ball - a ball that moves about the screen - If the ball goes off the end of the sketch, the opposite player gets a point Player 1 - left Player 2 - right // TODO - Add independent controls - Allow paddle to inflence the x velocity */ int leftPlayerScore, rightPlayerScore; // player scores Ball ball; Paddle leftPlayer, rightPlayer; ArrayList objects; // list of the paddles, and ball boolean serveReady; void setup() { size(400, 400); objects = new ArrayList(); // intialize the objects list serveReady = true; ball = new Ball(new PVector (width/2, height/2), new PVector(-1, 0), 30); objects.add( ball); leftPlayer = new Paddle(new PVector (30, height/2), new PVector(0, 0), 30, 100); objects.add( leftPlayer); rightPlayer = new Paddle(new PVector (width - 30, height/2), new PVector(0, 0), 30, 100); objects.add( rightPlayer); } void draw() { background(255); drawNetLine(); // draw all the objects in the scene for (MovingObject o: objects) { o.update(); o.render(); } if (rightPlayer.doesCollide(ball) || leftPlayer.doesCollide(ball)) { ball.velx(ball.velx() *-1); } // check if the ball goes off the right edge // give point to player 1 if (ball.x() > width + ball.size/2) { leftPlayerScore++; // move Ball in front of leftPlayer's paddle ball.x(leftPlayer.frontEdge() + ball.size/2); // set the velocity equal to zero ball.vel.x = 0; // set flag to indicate if ball should be released serveReady = true; } // check if the ball goes off the left edge // give point to player 2 if (ball.x() < ball.size/2) { rightPlayerScore++; rightPlayer.y(height/2); // move Ball in front of rightPlayer's paddle ball.x(rightPlayer.frontEdge() - ball.size/2); // set the velocity equal to zero ball.vel.x = 0; // set flag to indicate if ball should be released serveReady = true; } if (keyPressed) { if ( key == 'w') { leftPlayer.moveDown(); } else if ( key == 's') { leftPlayer.moveUp(); } else if ( key == 'i') { rightPlayer.moveDown(); } else if ( key == 'k') { rightPlayer.moveUp(); } } // draw the score fill(0); textSize(20); textAlign(LEFT); text(leftPlayerScore, width/4, 30); textAlign(RIGHT); text(rightPlayerScore, 3 * (width/4), 30); } void keyPressed() { if (key == ' ' && serveReady) { serveReady = !serveReady; // check which side of the screen the ball is on // serve it if (ball.onLeft) { ball.velx(2); } else { ball.velx(-2); } } } void drawNetLine() { int dashLength = 20; int numDashes = (height / dashLength) /2; for (int i = 0; i < numDashes; i++) { strokeWeight(2); // 0 0 // 1 // // 2 1 // 3 // // 4 2 // 5 line(width/2, i * 2 * dashLength, width/2, ((2 * i) + 1) * dashLength); } } Ball /* Goal: Implement a simple PONG game. Features: - two paddles that bounce the ball - a ball that moves about the screen - If the ball goes off the end of the sketch, the opposite player gets a point Player 1 - left Player 2 - right // TODO - Add independent controls - Allow paddle to inflence the x velocity */ int leftPlayerScore, rightPlayerScore; // player scores Ball ball; Paddle leftPlayer, rightPlayer; ArrayList objects; // list of the paddles, and ball boolean serveReady; void setup() { size(400, 400); objects = new ArrayList(); // intialize the objects list serveReady = true; ball =
More Less

Related notes for IAT 265

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit