March 1 in-class C50minutes)
Multiple-choice questions: about 25 questions
Chapter 1-6: about 60% questions are about chapter 5 and 6
Lecture notes with the help of the textbook
1. Define the term globalization
2. Give examples of the main causes of globalization.
Explain why globalization are now proceeding at a rapid rate.
Illustrate how changing international trade patterns, foreign direct investment flows and the
rise of new multinational corporations are reshaping the world economy
5. Summarize the main arguments in the debate over the impact of globalization on job security
income levels, labour and environmental policies, and national sovereignty
1. Give examples of how the political systems of countries differ
2. Distinguish how the economic systems of countries differ
3. Explain how the legal systems of countries differ.
4. Illustrate how political, economic, and legal systems collectively in
s ability to
achieve meaningful economic progress
1. Define the term culture.
2. Demonstrate how culture is different because of differences in social structure, religion
language, education, economic philosophy, and political philosophy.
3. Illustrate the relationship between culture and the values found in the workplace
4. Describe how culture is not a constant, but changes over time.
1. Explain the source and nature of ethical issues and dilemmas in an international business.
2. nlustrate the main ethical issues in international business.
Identify the causes of poor ethical decision making in international business organizations
3. 4. Describe the different conceptual underpinnings for ethical decisions in IB
Fully understand the different theories that have been offered to explain trade between nations.
Product cycle theory
New trade theory
Comparative advantage: Ricardian
1. Identity the policy instruments used by governments to influence international trade flows
2. Understand why governments sometimes intervene in international trade
3. Summarize and explain the arguments against strategic trade policy
4. Describe the development of the world trading system and the current trade issue