1) When some smokes/inhales explain the pathway of nicotine from cigarette to the
brain? What receptor do they bind to?
2) Stats: globally % men and woman that smoke? How many death number and %?
Which one is increasing industrialized or the developing? % People who smoke in
Canada? How does the smoking trend look?
3) Plant: Two plants that produce it? Where exactly in nicotine found in plant?
Which one has the most nicotine in it? Which one is found in NA?
4) What is tobacco: Is it all chemical added stuff in it? what are the natural
occurring things in it? What happen when you burn it interns of the number of
chemicals? What is the addictive stuff in tobacco? Is their any paradox to this?
5) Intentional additives: for what purpose are they added? Are these additives
really safe? Why or why not? (Hint: formation of acetaldehyde). Also explain
using the young rat experiment? Why do we see increase NT sure ( hint: inhibits
6) Unintentional additives: what type of things is added unintentionally during
growing, handling and processing? Why do they uses a mineral called apatite? Is
this is good idea (why or why not)?
7) Curing tobacco: what is it? Why is it done? What happens inside the leave
during this process? Why is adding flavor using glycosylation bad? Why do we
oxidize carotenoid? What are the dangerous of these? Do we only have one type
of tobacco characteristics?
8) What is the difference between are cigar and cigarettes?
9) What is tar? How much tar in mg do we get in cigar as compare to cigarettes?
10)How much more Nicotine do we get in cigar as compare to cigarettes?
11) How much more smoke in Liter do we get in cigar as compare to cigarettes?
12)benzo (a) pyrene ( BaP): what does it cause? How much in ng is cigar as
compare to cigarettes?
13)Smokeless tobacco: how much more nicotine is found in it as compare to
cigarettes? (T/F) its gets into body slower?Addiction? Risk? # Of carcinogens
14) Addiction vs. Cancer: T/F Nicotine causes Addiction. T/F nicotine causes
cancer. What receptor does it bind to? What does it bind as (agonist/antagonist).
What exactly are linked to cancer and heart disease
15) Nicotine as addiction source: T/F: Nicotine is preferred over placebo. T/F de-
nicotine cigarette can reduce craving and give reward