Faculty of Science
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
MATH 211 – LINEAR METHODS I – FALL 2012
Exam version: Practice
COURSE INFORMATION AND STUDENT IDENTIFICATION
INSTRUCTOR SECTION LAB STUDENT I.D. FIRST LAST
NAME NUMBER NUMBER NUMBER NAME NAME
1. No Calculators, electronic equipment, or paper material other than this examination and scantron
2. Use the back of the previous page for rough work or calculations.
3. Students arriving late will not normally be admitted after one-half hour of the examination time has
4. No candidate will be permitted to leave the examination room until one hour has elapsed after the
opening of the examination.
5. All enquiries and requests must be addressed to supervisors only.
6. Candidates are strictly cautioned against:
(a) speaking to other candidates or communicating with them under any circumstances whatsoever;
(b) bringing into the examination room any textbook, notebook or memoranda not authorized by
(c) making use of calculators and/or portable computing machines not authorized by the instructor;
(d) leaving answer papers exposed to view;
(e) attempting to read other students’ examination papers.
The penalty for violation of these rules is suspension or expulsion or such other penalty as may be
7. Discarded matter is to be struck out and not removed by mutilation of the examination answer book.
8. Candidates are cautioned against writing in their answer books any matter extraneous to the actual
answering of the question set.
9. A candidate must report to a supervisor before leaving the examination room.
10. Answer books must be handed to the supervisor-in-charge promptly when the signal is given. Failure
to comply with this regulation will be cause for rejection of an answer paper.