POLI 491 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Anti-Ballistic Missile, United States Strategic Command, Atomic Age

86 views1 pages

Document Summary

Poli 491 d2l reading (cid:862)i got a tory to tell: who does what i(cid:374) natio(cid:374)al e(cid:272)urity poli(cid:272)y. (cid:863) The trump administration has a severe novice issue for many of the people running national security policy, as many have been blacklisted for signing the #nevertrump letters. Trump also refuses to draw on the knowledge of think tanks. The o(cid:271)a(cid:373)a ad(cid:373)i(cid:374)istratio(cid:374) has (cid:862)story tellers(cid:863) (cid:449)ho de(cid:448)eloped (cid:374)arrati(cid:448)es to ratio(cid:374)alize the i(cid:374)(cid:272)redi(cid:271)le complexity of u. s. national security processes. Their developed narratives serve to inform both government and the public, and can constrain the choices available in the future based off of the reviews they have already given. Force planners in the office of the secretary of defense are referred to as hobgoblins, and both story tellers and hobgoblins are concerned with planning for future warfare. Story tellers craft narratives to weigh strategic options. Hobgoblins make sure defence budgets include the necessary capabilities to prevail in future plausible wars.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers