PSYC 200 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Phineas Gage, Prefrontal Cortex, Peripheral Nervous System

214 views12 pages

Document Summary

B. watson known for? a) psychoanalysis b) behaviourism c) cognition d) humanism. Forebrain: i) main part of the brain ii) contains the cerebrum iii) cerebral cortex. Phineas gage: the area of his damaged brain. Frontal lobe: primary motor cortex: how we move out legs and body parts. Broca"s area i) how we produce language ii) left side. Primary somatosensory cortex i) throwing a dart, closing your eyes and touching your nose ii) feelings on your skin/muscles iii) right side. Primary auditory cortex i) sounds, comprehends sound ii) lets you know exactly what you are listening to. Wernicke"s area i) where we learn to processes and understand language ii) spoken, written, musical, language. Primary visual cortex i) are brain taking images and making sense of them. Thalamus: center relay senses, but not nose visual audio. Hypothalamus: under the thalamus in control of much of the endocrine system. Limbic system: all these parts put together emotions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers