Study Guides (234,173)
Canada (113,010)
ANSC 4560 (8)
Study Guide

[ANSC 4560] - Final Exam Guide - Ultimate 50 pages long Stu..
[ANSC 4560] - Final Exam Guide - Ultimate 50 pages long Study Guide!

50 Pages
Unlock Document

School
University of Guelph
Department
Animal Science
Course
ANSC 4560
Professor
Anna- Kate Shoveller
Semester
Fall

Description
UofG ANSC 4560 FINAL EXAM STUDY GUIDE find more resources at oneclass.com Canoides Raccoon Bear Panda Dog Weasel Feloides Genet Hyena Cat Dog Skulls Dolichocephalic breeds afghan hound, collie Mesaticephalic breeds beagle, foxhound (most experiments done with these) Brachycephalic breeds pug, boxer Dentition Puppy 28 deciduous teeth, i33, c11, p33, m 00 Kitten 26 deciduous teeth, i33, c11, p32, m00 Dog 42 permanent teeth, i33, c11, p44, m23 Cat 30 permanent teeth, i33, c11, p32, m11 **Carnassial teeth: last upper premolar and first lower molar, designed for shearing action for tearing meat apart VOHC= Veterinary Oral Health Council Do protocol and submissions for pet food For a feed to be approved and recommended by the VOHC, it must meet the requirements of the VOHC GIT of Dogs and Cats Unusual Aspects of Nutrient Metabolism in Cats Inability to conserve protein Very important Dietary requirement for taurine (particularly for vegetarian diets) Very important Synthesis of felinine and isovalthine Not hugely important High PheTyr requirement for hair pigmentation Not hugely important Inability to convert excess tryptophan to niacin (not usually a problem because a full vitamin supplement is added to diets) Typically not a problem Inability to convert ornithine to arginine Typically not a problem Less responsive mechanisms of glucose homeostasis (more of a concern because this problem is related to diabetes) Of some concern Requirement for derived essential fatty acids Very important Inability to convert carotenes to vitamin A (not usually a problem because a full vitamin supplement is added to diets) Not hugely important Inability to make previtamin D in the skin Not hugely important Absence of sodium appetite Practical but no hugely important find more resources at oneclass.com
More Less

Related notes for ANSC 4560

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit