BIOM 3040 Study Guide - Final Guide: Fibroblast Growth Factor, Germ Layer, Knockout Mouse

104 views5 pages

Document Summary

Ingression: cells break away and migrate as indiviudals i. e. epithelial mesenchymal transition during gastrulation. Delamination: layers of cells separate from eachother as sheets of cells i. e. formation of epiblast and hypoblast from icm. Epiboly: cell spreading where cells flatten out, allowing the coverage of more area i. e. surface of epiblast during gastrulation. Invagination or evagination: tissue layer folds inward or outward. Involution: cells move over a lip of tissue into the interior. Convergent extension: cells form fewer layers and extend out i. e. notochordal process. Involves movements, shape changes and defined cell divisions. First phase where dramatic changes occur in developing fetus. Establishment of cell relationship, axes and embryo organization. Starting gastrulation: begins with induction of a linear primitive streak along the posterior region of the embryo, with the formation of primitive streak, now have a definitive anteroposterior (craniocaudal) and right-left axes of the embryo.