REVIEW QUESTIONS – LAST WEEK OF CLASSES
1. CH 3H(CH )CH3H + ?? →2CH CH(CH )CH(Br)3H 3 3
2. What is the most likely major product when 2-methylpentane is treated with Br /hν? 2
3. What is the product of the oxidation of 2-propanol?
4. What is the product of the reaction of the following with H O/H SO ?
2 2 4
i) 1-methylcyclopentene (ii)
5. What is the product of 1-bromo-3-methylbutane + NaOH?
OH Na CH 3
CH 3HCH CH2 3
OH CH 3 CH 3
7. Which of the following are chiral?
8. Draw the Lewis structure of C 22-and give the formal charges for each carbon atom.
9. Draw the Lewis structure for nitrite ion, give the formal charges & predict the shape.
10. How many sigma and pi bonds are present in H CSCN?3
11. A solution of bleach, sodium hypochlorite, labelled "0.030 M NaClO", has a pH of 10.00.