[FRHD 3150] - Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes fot the exam (89 pages long!)

188 views89 pages

Document Summary

Extreme behaviourist perspective: everything is behaviour, even thoughts and feelings. Private self talk: a constant dialect going on in your head. Product of behaviour: i. e. anxiety is a product of behaviour. Product of behaviour: i. e. anxiety is a product of behaviour i. e. losing weight is a product of behaviour (exercising is the behaviour) It"s critical to differentiate (cid:498)behaviours(cid:499) and (cid:498)products of behaviours(cid:499) Deficits: too little of a particular behaviour i. e. not brushing your teeth for long enough. Excess: too much of a particular behaviour: too much drinking. With behaviour modification, the focus is on techniques and ways of altering a person"s environment to help change the behaviour. Stimuli: people, objects and events currently present in one"s surrounding that impinge on one"s sense receptors and that can affect behaviour. It"s important to separate (cid:498)behavioural labels(cid:499) for actual behaviours. They don"t" necessarily refer to specific behaviours. Summary labels like honest, curious, hardworking are summary labels for i. e. hardworking is a behavioural label.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers