HROB 2090 Midterm: Part 5-PLP

2 Pages

Department
Human Resources and Organizational Behaviour
Course Code
HROB 2090
Professor
H O S S A I N

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Part 5-PLP
Addressing Task and/or Relationship
Both components tasks and relationships are both factors that are necessitates when
involved in a leadership role or included in a work place environment. The process of
communicating and negotiating tasks as well as discovering a balanced effective relationship
with the people you are working with Is extremely important for me as a future leader to
master. When reflecting on how exactly I negotiate tasks and relationship in leadership
situations I believe communicating tasks is what I strive at. I am an effective communicator in
terms of addressing the tasks, and how exactly the most effective method to implement and
complete the tasks successfully. I believe I am an extremely task orientated individual that
when involved in a situation where I need to communicate a duty to another peer. I posses a
very direct personality type, and in terms of negotiating the task component in a leadership
role I believe that is a personal strength. In a work environment I posses a goal driven
mentality, therefore the task itself or negotiating is not something that I view as a struggle. As a
leader I look to other methods that I can communicate in a way that institutes the drive to work
hard, and complete tasks effectively. In previous leadership situations when delegating tasks
needs to be achieved I focused on first forming relationships with others, taking the time to
build a mutual respect for one another. This to me has proven most effective, once there is a
mutual respect I believe it promotes efficient task completion and provides others with an
enhanced work based incentive. This type of negotiation influences me as a leader because of
the results. As a leader I enjoy building relationships with others, completing tasks together as a
team, and with building respect among the workplace promotes successful results. With these
positive successful results, it influences me as a leader to continue on with choosing the
leadership role among organizations or everyday group scenarios. The drive it provides me with
leads me in the natural direction of a leadership role, and with this comes with the incentive to
continue on and pushing myself as an individual to continue to learn and take note of new and
innovative methods of discovering an effective balance between task and relationship.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Part 5-PLP Addressing Task and/or Relationship Both components tasks and relationships are both factors that are necessitates when involved in a leadership role or included in a work place environment. The process of communicating and negotiating tasks as well as discovering a balanced effective relationship with the people you are working with Is extremely important for me as a future leader to master. When reflecting on how exactly I negotiate tasks and relationship in leadership situations I believe communicating tasks is what I strive at. I am an effective communicator in terms of addressing the tasks, and how exactly the most effective method to implement and complete the tasks successfully. I believe I am an extremely task orientated individual that when involved in a situation where I need to communicate a duty to another peer. I posses a very direct personality type, and in terms of negotiating the task component in a leadership role I believe that is a personal strength. In a work environment I posses a goal driven mentality, therefore the task itself or negotiating is not something that I view as a struggle. As a leader I look to other methods that I can communicate in a way that institutes the drive to work hard, and complete tasks effectively. In previous leadership situations when delegating tasks needs to be achieved I focused on first forming relationships with others, taking the time to build a mutual respect for one another. This to me has proven most effective, once there is a mutual respect I believe it promotes efficient task completion and provides others with an enhanced work based incentive. This type of negotiation influences me as a leader because of the results. As a leader I enjoy building relationships with others, completing tasks together as a team, and with building respect among the workplace promotes successful results. With these positive successful results, it influences me as a leader to continue on with choosing the leadership role among organizations or everyday group scenarios. The drive it provides me with leads me in the natural direction of a leadership role, and with this comes with the incentive to continue on and pushing myself as an individual to continue to learn and take note of new and innovative methods of discovering an effective balance between task and relationship. Some hardships of the negotiation of task and relationship is not sharing the same drive to achieve successful results. When other individuals do not place as much importance on completing the task this makes it difficult. In terms of sustainability if both parties do not share the same final goal, and drive to complete the goal to the best of their ability this makes it difficult to communicate the task and communicate in an effective way to those directly involved with getti
More Less
Unlock Document

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit