Study Guides (258,847)
CA (125,022)
U of G (7,276)
HROB (101)
HROB 2090 (13)
Study Guide

HROB 2090- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 53 pages long!)
Premium

53 Pages

Department
Human Resources and Organizational Behaviour
Course Code
HROB 2090
Professor
Bahramirad

This preview shows pages 1-4. Sign up to view the full 53 pages of the document.
Page: of

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
[HROB 2090] Comprehensive winter guide including any lecture notes, textbook notes and exam guides.find more resources at oneclass.com Unit 01: Introduction Textbook Reading: Chapter 01 Instructors Notes: What is Organizational Behaviour (OB)? - Because OB is made of contributions from various fields of study, organizational behavior is rish with perspective - the field of OB has 3 levels of analysis, individuals, groups and entire organizations. - these levels are all connected somewhat, higher levels encompass lower levels. At the Individual level OB examines things like personality, attitudes, perception and motivation At the group level behaviour in a group is not only the sum of the individuals behaviour’s, as people behave differently when in a group. It is important to understand the team processes such as communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and cooperation. At the Organization level OB researchers study the topics such as organizational structure, organizational change and organizational culture. Goal of OB – help organizations become more effective. Specifically: - increase productivity - increase employee job satisfaction - increase organizational commitment - reduce absenteeism - reduce turnover Making Sense of Behaviour - the only way to get a grip on explaining human behaviour is through systematic study, meaning examining relationships, attempting to attribute cause and effect and drawing conclusions based on scientific evidence. - assumptions that guide us in this study: - behaviour is not random, meaning people behave in a manner that will help them satisfy their own needs / goals - there are some fundamental consistencies underlying all behaviour, knowing these helps to predict behaviour. (ex: when driving you assume the behaviour of other drivers - there are individual differences in behaviour as well, such as in a club, most people may get up and dance, but an introvert might not - situational constraints may also influence the accuracy of predictions on behaviour, constraints such as an extrovert not dancing at the club because they are sad that night The point here is that systematic study might be based on a few assumptions about fundamental consistencies of human behavior and written or unwritten rules of conduct, however, in order to make highly accurate predictions, we must also consider individual differences and situational constraints.* find more resources at oneclass.com
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only pages 1-4 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit