[LARC 1950] - Final Exam Guide - Everything you need to know! (42 pages long)

158 views42 pages

Document Summary

From emerging societies to the 6th century bce. They love patterns and believe that those patterns have the key to su(cid:272)(cid:272)ess i(cid:374) fa(cid:396)(cid:373)i(cid:374)g, food, life e(cid:448)e(cid:374) (cid:449)eathe(cid:396). Caves have a very reoccurring role to play in architecture, they have constantly been a sanctuary, describing religious places. Using landforms to make myths, made people feel like they have a pu(cid:396)pose a(cid:374)d a dut(cid:455). (cid:862)ge(cid:374)ius lo(cid:272)i(cid:863)( piritual sacred force behind it all. ) For example, the ganges river is 1500 miles long and it is a sacred river of salvation by hindus. Another is the bohdi tree, where budha achieved enlightenment. Creation myths, form and place to objects, they placed themselves at the centre of the universe. They referred to everything as a cosmic centering, in a 360 degree horizon line. Axis mundi: symbolic line that extends from the sky to the underworld with the earth at it centre. (trees, mountains, earth mounds) Rotation of the sun gave primary orientation, east,

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers