MCS 2600- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 56 pages long!)

304 views56 pages

Document Summary

Models of consumers: four views of consumer decision making. Consumer decision making: an economic view, a passive view, a cognitive view, an emotional view. Decision-making model: price less important when products are right , brand credibility, perceived quality, perceived risk. Input: external influences: marketing mix, sociocultural influences, family, peers, social class, reference groups, culture/subculture, communications. Informational search: contextual factors: task complexity, time constraints. Evaluation of alternatives: brand-sets: evoked set (consideration set) Evaluation of alternatives: attributes: product attribute examples, size, weight, sweetness, color, packaging, criteria to assess product may be advertised. Noncompensatory decision rules: each relevant attribute weights, summated score for each brand, conjunctive, lexicographic, disjunctive. I selected the ereader that came out as the best when i balanced the good ratings against the bad ratings. I selected the ereader netbook that had no bad features. I picked the ereader that excelled in at least one attribute.