Psychology
Course
PSYC 2410
Professor
Francesco Leri
Semester
Winter

Description
Tell me how to establish a conditioned reinforce 1. Primary reinforcing stimuli: (cocaine is a primary reinforce) a. Are only stimuli needed for survival b. Possess unconditioned motivational value c. Are rewarding – can be but aren’t always d. Reward good behaviours –doesn’t reward anything, it reinforces e. None of the above 2. Stimulation of the medial forebrain bundle (MFB) a. Maintains self-stimulation behaviour b. Feels great – we don’t know how it feels (done on animals) c. Is rewarding – he doesn’t like the word rewarding haha d. Can also be used to punish behaviour –system reinforces but not for punishment e. Has no effect on memory consolidation – it does Proprio (yours) ceptive behaviours (your perception of your own body i.e. close eyes and feel arm moving) sensation to your brain (i.e. movement) can be used as a stimulus (you make response but it can then be reinforced [sensation is reinforced] without even being aware) stimulus becomes cs because its predictive of sensation Thus if proprioceptive stimuli are paired with reinforces, they become cr (circular motion) 3. which of the following schedules result in a conditioned or primary reinforce after every target a. FI (fixed interval) – every set number of times (based on time) not everytime b. VI (variable interval) – based on time not on time c. FR (fixed ratio) – not right because it needs to be FR1 because that’s every 1 time d. VR (variable ratio) – its variable so you never know when it’ll happen e. CRF (continued reinforcement schedule) Self injury chart behavior in humans (Ivar Lovaas) Sit infront of child and record everytime theres unwanted behaviour. Every arrow is delivering of shock. Child stops immediately with shock in the beginning, every experimenter that changes causes behaviour to return (numbers along the bottom) Thus for subject, punishment is associated with experimenter one and he is seen as the problem (exp. 1 becomes conditioned punisher) 4. A key element in successful behavioral modification is: a. Large punishment – too many side effects b. Extinction – it’s a method but not an element (it’s a procedure) c. Immediate and frequent feedbacks d. Large rewards e. Stimulus control 2 factor theory – sidman avoidance task one = classical conditioning two = Main avoidance behaviour  Animal negatively reinforced (make fear go away) B
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 2410

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit