Canada (115,253)
ACTSC 432 (1)

Test 1 - S12.pdf

7 Pages
Unlock Document

University of Waterloo
Actuarial Science
Diana Parry

ACTSC 432/832 - TEST #1 Name : ID Number : 1. (10 marks) Suppose that, conditional on ▯ = ▯, the rv’ s fX j are independent and identically j▯1 distributed with common probability mass function ▯ e▯▯ pXj▯ (xj▯) = , x = 0;1;::: x! We further assume that ▯ is a rv with the following two-point mixture density function ▯ ▯▯▯ ▯ 2 ▯▯▯ ▯▯(▯) = p ▯e + (1 ▯ p) ▯ ▯e , ▯ > 0. (a) (3 marks) …nd E [X ]. j 1 (b) (4 marks) determine V ar (X ). j 2 (c) (3 marks) …nd Cov (X ;X ) for i 6=jj. 3 2. (12 marks) Let X ;X 1:::2X be tne past total claims experience for a given policyholder. We assume that the X ’is are independent and identically distributed (iid) rs. More precisely, the X is are distributed as a rv S which is de…ned as follows: ▯ S j▯ = ▯ is a compound Poisson rv, i.e. ▯ P N S = j=1Y j N > 0, 0, N = 0, where N j▯ = ▯ is Poisson distributed with mean ▯, and the Y ’ js are a sequence of iid r.v.s (also independent of N and ▯) with a mean equals to 2 times its standard deviation. ▯ ▯ is a positive rv with V ar (▯) = 3E [▯]. Under the number of claims basis, the American credibility factor Z was found to be 0:45. All else being equal, …nd the American credibility factor on the total amount of claims basis.
More Less

Related notes for ACTSC 432

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.