CS100 Study Guide - Final Guide: Graphics Processing Unit, Cpu Cache, Computer Data Storage

256 views47 pages

Document Summary

What is a computer: a computer from the (cid:883)9(cid:888)(cid:882)s is very different from a computer in today(cid:495)s society. A popular buzzword is (cid:498))nternet of things (cid:523))ot(cid:524)(cid:499) to conceptualize how trillions of decides will be connected together. Hardware: the physical equipment and devices that a computer is made of. The cpu: the cpu (central processing unit, primary memory and secondary storage, peripherals (cid:498)brain(cid:499) of any computer performs most of the computing, most cpus only perform few basic operations: Data movement (move data from one location to another) Control flow (how the cpu decides what to do next) Logic (and, or, not: magic of cpu is twofold. A lot can be accomplished with those basic functions and, Cpus are really really fast: noteworthy characteristics of a cpu. Each manufacturer has different cpu models that will determine the characteristics of the cpu i. e. , an intel i7 processor is more powerful than an i3 processor.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers