[PLAN 102] - Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes fot the exam (26 pages long!)

76 views26 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 1 starting points for business communication. Must ask key questions before starting any business communication. High-context culture focuses on implied meaning in communication. I(cid:374)dire(cid:272)t style of (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)i(cid:272)atio(cid:374) a(cid:374)d holisti(cid:272) pro(cid:271)le(cid:373) sol(cid:448)i(cid:374)g (cid:862)so (cid:449)hat are all the possi(cid:271)ilities of this proposal? (cid:863) (cid:862)poi(cid:374)t a to poi(cid:374)t b(cid:863: associated with middle eastern or asian cultures. Individualist cultures focus on needs and aspirations of the individual over those of a community: values individual expression, expected to be independent and self-reliant. Collectivist cultures value the group, clan, or business. Two general cultural expressions of how we view power: high-and low-power distance cultures. In a high-power distance culture, such factors as family connections, gender, age, some cultures, women do not have the same right to power as men; in most high-power distance cultures, age is revered as evidence of wisdom. Low-power is more democratic allowing individual to give their input.