PSYCH 211- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 39 pages long!)

285 views39 pages

Document Summary

Development systematic continuities and changes in the individual that occur between conception and death. Developmental continuities ways in which we remain stable over time or continue to reflect on our past. Causes of development: maturation biological unfolding of the individual according to species-typical biological i(cid:374)herita(cid:374)(cid:272)e a(cid:374)d a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s (cid:271)iologi(cid:272)al i(cid:374)herita(cid:374)(cid:272)e, hereditary influences on aging process. Learning process through which our experiences produce relatively permanent changes in our feelings, thoughts, and behaviours: change in behaviour due to experiences. Developmental psychology the branch of psychology devoted to identifying and explaining the continuities and changes that individuals display over time. Developmentalists any scholar, regardless of discipline, who seeks to understand the developmental process: describe development, normative development typical patterns of change. Ideographic development individual variations in patterns of change: explain development, why do individuals develop differently, optimize development, apply resear(cid:272)h fi(cid:374)di(cid:374)gs to (cid:862)real (cid:449)orld(cid:863) Holistic approach physical, cognitive, and psychological aspects of development are interdependent.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers