SPCOM204 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Identity Management, Shyness, Impression Management

460 views8 pages

Document Summary

Subjective description of we consistently use to describe ourselves to others. A learned predisposition to reflect what you like and dislike. Enduring concepts of good and bad, right and wrong. My understanding of what is true is what is false. How your self-concept develops: we learn who we are through 5 basic means: Total of all of the tangible things you own (i collect antiques) Ability to differentiate the self from the social and physical environment. Ability to be aware of your own state of mind, recognize thoughts. Ability to think about oneself and use symbols to express to others. Part of you that is reflected from interactions with others (i am a member of a club) Internal thoughts about your values, morals, and beliefs (i believe in god: interaction with individuals. We develop self-concepts that match the ways we believe others see us. You learn who you are based on how others treat you: our association with groups.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers