Economics
Course
ECON 101
Professor
Ratna Shrestha
Semester
Fall

Description
Chapter 1 September 6, 2013 10 principles of economics Make choices, allocating resources, skill sets Labour workers will work Different resources used to produce Price is determined by cost of production as well as the price the consumers are willing to pay Slide 5 People face tradeoffs: limited resources, giving up something in order to gain something else Tradeoffs lead to opportunity cost Efficiency is the size of the pie Equity is the division of the pie to the population If efficiency is maximize equity is more consumed Obama Care: health care provides subsidize (support financially) Premium: eg Auto insurance (ICBC), buying insurance JJ: To the market portable laptop computer if there's only one company in the world is a laptop and no matter how bad as I thought it meant people you have to buy it I’ll positive comments that didn’t feel like going to Monopoly will make more profits September 9, 2013 Market benefits individuals can cause the govt to act and restraint. Eg. Smoking in the classroom which harms the students and the govt can ban smoking from school grounds. Causes of market f
More Less

Related notes for ECON 101

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit