PSYC 335 Study Guide - Final Guide: Decision-Making, Comping, Neurochemistry

292 views20 pages
4 Feb 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

From what you have learned about gambling, what other behaviours do you think. Suggestion: dopamine all natural and learned rewards drive dopamine response (but drugs more potent) Cognitive distortions are there other circumstances where illusory control, near-misses etc might be important (video games?) Suggestions: what is the cognitive model errorneous verbalizations etc grounded in decision-making research prospect theory, heuristics, dual systems. Cognitive therapy is effective in treatment (along with other components) (not too relevant!) Problem gamblers do seem to be more sensitive to near-misses, illusion of control, gambler"s fallacy (experiments) How important is the form of gambling (e. g. poker, lotteries) in understanding the. Describe an experimental trial to evaluate your intervention. Robert ladouceuer: heterogeneity of gambling; assumptions of loss chasing are too general, e. g. play poker and slot machines are different (cid:862)(cid:449)h(cid:455) ga(cid:373)(cid:271)le(cid:396)s pe(cid:396)sist i(cid:374) the self-defeati(cid:374)g (cid:271)eahi(cid:448)ou(cid:396) (cid:272)lea(cid:396) (cid:374)ot i(cid:374) his (cid:271)est i(cid:374)te(cid:396)est(cid:863)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers