When the price of a brand of golf ball is 10 dollars per golf ball, 32,000 golf balls are sold.
When the price is raised to 13 dollars, 26, 000 golf balls are sold. A golf balls costs 4 dollars
to make, and the owners of the golf ball company had an initial cost of 22,000.
Find the demand function for this brand of golf ball. You may assume the demand is
How to find revenue function:
Cost= Cx = Initial cost + cost(number of units)
Revenue= Rx = (Price unit)(x)
Profit= Px = Rx-Cx
How to get demand function
Although you might be tempted to write (10, 32000) as a point, it is indeed the other way
1. Write (32,000, 10) and (26, 000, 13)
2. Find the slope of these two points. This will be the first part of getting the demand
3. Slope will be -1/2000
4. Put the slope in the y-y1=m(x-x1)
5. The resulting equation will be the demand function
Find the revenue and cost functions for this brand of golf ball.
1. Find the cost function by remembering that Cx= Cinital+Cost to produce a unit
2. Now write the revenue function remembering that revenue= D(x)(x), where D(x) is the
demand function, and x are the number of units again
3. As a function you get R(x)= -1/2000x +26x
Find the profit function for this brand of golf ball
1. For the profit function, just subtract the revenue function by the cost function 2009
A business sells 5,000 radios/ month at a price $300 dollars each. It is estimate that
monthly sales will increase by a level of 50 units for each 2 dollars decrease in price. Find
the demand function, as well as the revenue function.
How to find the demand function here:
1. First remember that the demand function is denoted