PHI 1101 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Cirque Du Soleil
SchoolUniversity of Ottawa
Course CodePHI 1101
This preview shows page 1. to view the full 4 pages of the document.
Write what is implicit.. the premise or the conclusion, and then write what the implicit premise or
1. Toby is quite certainly the person who robbed the bank yesterday. He does, after all, drive a late
model red Corvette.
-The person who robbed the bank drives a red corvette.
2. Anyone who craves political power cannot be trusted to serve the public interest, and the mayor
craves political power.
-The mayor cannot be trusted to serve the public interest.
3. John has a typical Canadian diet. Therefore, his fat intake is probably excessively high.
-the typical Canadian diet has excessively high fat intake.
4. Jena is a highly motivated runner, so she is sure to finish the race.
-a highly motivated runner is sure to finish the race.
5. Golf is a difficult game to play well, but it is not a sport. It does not require foot speed, stamina, or
-sports require foot speed, stamina and quick reflexes.
Present the following arguments in a standard form and provide a diagram for each. You may
want to keep in mind that you may have to reformulate some claims, that explanations may
occur, and that noise or redundancies may arise in some arguments.
1- All humans are mortal, and Jane is human. Therefore, Jane is mortal.
1. All humans are mortal. Diagram:
2. Jane is a human. 1------------2
3. Jane is mortal
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version