ANT203H5 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Lambdoid Suture, Sagittal Suture, Coronal Suture
75 views4 pages
ANT203H5S: Biological Anthropology: Primatology and Palaeoanthropology
OSTEOLOGY Tutorials WINTER 2019
Fill in the blanks with the appropriate term, bone, or tooth or directional term, etc.
1. The ________________ is the hard white substance of the tooth that you see above the gum line.
2. _____________ is the location where the coronal suture and sagittal suture intersect.
3. ________________is the location where the sagittal suture and lambdoidal suture intersect.
4. There are _____ ear bones: ___________________________________________________
5. There are ______ types of teeth: ______________________________________________
6. The adult human dental formula is ____________ and the subadult human dental formula is
7. The four main bones that the parietals articulate with are: _____________________
8. There are ________ bones in the adult human skull.
9. The ___________________ is the cranium without the facial bones.
10. The skull’s two main functions are: being a site for muscle attachment and
11. The spongy bone of the cranium, which lies between two layers of cortical bone, is also
12. Ossification of sutures occurs _____________________ and proceeds ________________________.
13. The three areas of every tooth are: ________________________________________.
14. The ________________________ is the layer of boney tissue covering the root of a tooth.
15. The _____________________ is the only bone in the human body that does not articulate with