1) At the end of mitosis, each G1 daughter cell has ________.
A) twice the DNA and half the cytoplasm of the G1 parent cell.
B) identical DNA to that of the G1 parent cell.
C) half the DNA and half the cytoplasm of the G1 parent cell.
D) twice the cytoplasm and the same amount of DNA as the G1 parent cell.
2) Which of the following is not an effect of mitosis-promoting factor (MPF) involved in
moving a cell into M phase?
A) phosphorylation of lamins, initiating breakdown of the nuclear membrane
B) phosphorylation of microtubule associated proteins, triggering the formation of the
C) phosphorylation of an enzyme that breaks down the cyclin molecule
D) degradation of cyclin-dependent kinase
3) Somatic cells of roundworms have four chromosomes. How many chromosomes
would you find in an ovum from a roundworm?
D) a diploid number
4) In meiosis, sister chromatids separate during ________.
A) anaphase I.
B) metaphase I.
C) anaphase II.
5) Meiosis involves the creation of haploid cells from diploid cells. The haploid
chromosome number is created when ________.
A) homologous chromosomes separate.
B) the S phase of the cell cycle is bypassed during meiotic interphase.
C) sister chromatids separate.
D) ova and sperm go through their respective maturat