Forensic Biology and ident of body fluids
DNA profiling, CODIS and DNA Database
Expert witness Testimony
Toxicology, drug screening
- Mendel’s particulate hereditary elements are called genes. The various
forms of a given gene are called alleles
- Organisms in which the members of a pair of different hetero, same homo
- The genotype is the genetic constitution. The observable properties is
- A direct examination is not a hearing to determine the admissibility of
evidence, the competency of a witness or juror.
- Seminal acid phosphatase, which is water-soluble may be removed by
laundering, but may be detected after dry cleaning.
- The basic premise of the AAFS code of ethics and conduct is to regulate
and ensure ethical behavior on the part of its members, with respect to
their jobs in the fsc, to protect the reputation of the academy.
- The proper chronological sequence for DNA typing in a forensic lab:
Extraction-quantitation- amplification- detection- analysis
- The general-acceptance standard first articulated in an influential 1923
Frye v. USA case.
- Which of the following is a faculty affected by alcohol consumption:
choice reaction time, speed and distance judgment, vision, risk
- Alec Jeffreys invented DNA fingerprinting method (applied in 1986
assault and murder)
- 1985 (1993 Nobel) PCR, a method to make multiple copies from a small
sample of DNA
- Haptoglobin, phosphoglucomutase, group-specific component and
esterase D are examples of proteins (1 three) and enzymes.
- The definition of Law is the system of rules that a particular country or
community recognizes as regulating the actions/governs the behaviors of
- The highly complex instrument used to break apart molecules into ions.
Provides a frag pattern which functions as a fingerprint for each
compound. The resulting patterns are compared to a reference sample for
identification purposes: mass spectrometry. IR and Nuclear magnetic
resonance spectrometry are for inorganics. TLC not confirmatory.
- In Canada Voir Dire refers to a trial within a trial
- STR testing is a test based on the use of PCR
- Delta 9 Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is a primary psychoactive compound