For the last3 chapters, there will be 4 short answer questions
- financial management
- marketing management
- These questions will be section specific (lecture specific)
Focus on the companies we talk about in class
- companies who have been prominent in the stock market
- why debt financing is important
- zara international, walmart
- lulu lemon marketing
- importance of 4 p’s
only lecture based questions
stick to ur own lecture based questions
- zara no spend money on marketing
- always a combo of 4 p’s to create the demand—converting the wants in to
marketing research process
- collection of data and info, analyzing and organizing it.
- They need to identify the need (it may be promotion price, segmentation of
market, whether it's a kids market, etc)
- Once they do that, they conduct the research
- They do this by define, collect, andalyzing, and choosing
- Primary and secondary sources of data collection
- Data is usually #’s quantitate, and information coulf be both qualtitive and
- Its difficult to quantify tastes, but marketers do this all the time using scales.
Its more of information rather than quantitative #’s
- Primary information sources means firsthand info. (focus groups,
questionaires, checklists) means that its not published anywhere.
- Secondary info means whatever is unpublished—and it is being adapted for
a particular study. Marketers do it for their need.
- Marketers convert numbers into percentages and average.
Uses of market research
- Analyze customer needs
- Analyze markets and & opportunities (identify trends of opportunities and
threats) for example Samsung vs. apple,
- Analyze effectiveness of strategy—example of TD Canada trust how their
demographics are distributed, marketing in terms of different languages.
- Goal—eg. Sales, revenue generation. They can know whether the goal has
been achieved or not. The consumer and business to business
- Business to consumer, when anything is coming to
- Business to business—about value, In the form of intermediary product. Talk
about food distribution companies, for example, McCain. A company like
Avon, there is no business to business.
Segmentation and target market.
- Geo segmentation—on the basis of geography. Example of Google. Emotional
advertisement in terms of India, Pakistan. Zara international the styles,
fabric, and des