BIOC65H3 Study Guide - Mercury Poisoning, Toxicology, Lead Poisoning

70 views5 pages

Document Summary

Drinking water in plastic bottles = not a good idea to use plastic bottles; when they"re sitting around at an elevated temperature, e. g in a car, it over heats causing compounds to be released and be dissolved in water. These will be ingested, make its way to the liver which will not be able to detoxify the compounds and start to accumulate in the fatty tissues. Urban myth of drinking 6-8 glasses of water = there is not an absolute need to drink 6-8 glasses of water. As long you consume an equivalent of 6-8 glasses of liquids, it can be in any form. Compounds in plastics = bisphenyl a: chemical that is highly soluble in lipids. It finds the lipids in membranes and after it finds the membranes it will find the larger deposits of lipids in the body: adipose tissues; particularly in women in the breast tissue.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers

Related Documents

Related Questions