ENGB30 Study Guide - William Godwin, Mary Wollstonecraft, Scantron Corporation
43 views4 pages
Reading Check- MC
1. which of Zeus’s children is supposed to have sprung from his
head fully-grown and completely armored?
2. Which deity is the patron of the home and hearth?
3. Which deity is the protector of travelers and guests?
4. Which of the following statements about the Demogorgon is
untrue in Prometheus Unbound?
a. The Demogorgon is a child of Jupiter
b. The Demogorgo Brings about jupiter’s fall
c. The Demogorgons associated with darkness
d. The Demogorgon unbids Prometheus from the
e. Jupiter initially believes that the Demogorgon will help him
trample out the Promethean spark in the soul of man
5. Identify the speaker of the lines below
a. Pygmalion inOvid
b. Professor Higgins in Pygmalion
c. Pigmallion in Rousseay’s “Pigmalion, A Lyrical
d. Victor Frankenstein in Frankenstein
e. Drowne in “Drowne’s Wooden Image”
“I was deceiv’d, I carv’d thee for a nymph,
My worthless self,”
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Mary Shelley (1797-1851)