26. The DRG (Diagnosis-Related-Group) payment system used by Medicare to reimburse physicians is also used by private insurance companies and hospitals as a framework for their own medical care reimbursements.
27. The Human Capital approach considers investments in healthcare as an investment in making people more productive by making them healthier.
28. According to the Human Capital approach the value of a human life increases with the productivity (as measured by life time earning power) of an individual.
29. Which of the following statements is true about major medical professional categories since 1970?
a. The number of physicians has had the highest rate of increase.
b. The number of dentists has had the highest rate of increase.
c. The number of registered nurses has had the greatest rate of increase.*
d. The number of optometrists has had the greatest rate of increase.
30. Analysts have suggested that the nursing home sector has large numbers of non-profit providers because:
a. Older people cannot afford for-profit care.
b. Religious institutions often provide the care.
c. it is difficult to monitor nursing home quality, and nonprofit institutions would have less incentive to skimp on care.
d. Government provides incentives to nonprofit providers.