BUILDING A STEM EDUCATION AS STEM DOMINATION, IS THERE A PROBLEM?
Men are gendered too
David sadker – briefing no them education part 2 (youtube video)
Elementary and middle school research:
- boys are generally more active, asking more question, answering more, getting more
attention.. calling out more..
- girls are takig less help, less challenges, but doing better in terms of grades.
White males are getting the most attention, then visible minority females, then white
females, tehn visible minority female.
- Teacher complement girls for being pretty.
- “like your dress/hair cut”blab la
- Girls are getting that sorta feedback from teachers where there is an emphasis on
- some sports that are nto gendered, but whent hey happen, like swimming classes, theres
more girls etc.
- same dynamic was found when teachers were giving more instructions to boy students
where girls were allweod to be loud and play without being given instruction to behave
- boys got more and