CHM135H1 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Calcium Hydroxide, Aqueous Solution, Ultraviolet
This preview shows page 1. to view the full 4 pages of the document.
TERM Test No.1
October 18, 2011
1. When an atom is represented by the symbols
, what does A represent?
a) A is the number of neutrons in the atom.
b) A is the mass of the atom in atomic mass units.
c) A is the total number of protons and neutrons in the atom.
d) A is the number of protons in the atom
e) A is none of these
2. What is the Si unit of density?
3. Tale is a mineral that has many uses, ranging from cosmetics to high-tech ceramics. Elemental
analysis shows that 14.35g of tale contains 7.264g of oxygen. Which of the following is the
molecular formula of tale?
4. Upon addition of 4.93g calcium hydroxide to 0.500L of a 0.0680M aqueous solution of H3PO4,
solid Ca3(PO4)2 and water form. What is the theoretical yield of calcium phosphate in this
5. A hydrogen atom in its ground state absorbs ultraviolet radiation having a frequency of
2.94x1015 s-1. What is the principal quantum number of the electron in the atom’s final state?
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version