POL 101 - Democracy, Dictatorship, War, and Peace
Midterm Exam Review Questions
2. What is democracy?
3. What are the four main features of liberalism?
4. What was the Industrial Revolution and why was it politically significant?
6. What are the bourgeoisie and the proletariat?
10. What is a constitution?
11. What are the core principles of parliamentary government?
12. What are the core principles of presidential government?
13. What is the difference between a head of state and a head of government?
14. What is a first-past-the-post electoral system?
15. What does proportional representation mean for an electoral system?
16. What is the difference between equality of opportunity and equality of outcome?
17. What is affirmative action?
18. What is the collective action problem? Which scholar addresses this in the
19. What is the tyranny of the minority?