1. According to Eyesenck, which factor below is not included in the Three Factor's
2. The five factor model is composed of which 5 dimensions?
a. Extroversion, introversion, psychoticism, agreeableness, and neuroticism
b. Agreeableness, neuroticism, extroversion, psychoticism, and conscientiousness
c. Extroversion, openness, agreeableness, neuroticism, and conscientiousness
d. Extroversion, psychoticism, conscientiousness, openness, and introversion
3. Freud's stages of psychosexual development in chronological order from earliest to
a. Oral, anal, latency, phallic, genital
b. Oral, anal, phallic, genital, latency
c. Oral, anal, genital, phallic, latency d. Oral, anal, phallic, latency, genital
4. Max is a three years old toddler who loves to be with his mother and clings to her
where she goes. He does not like the fact that his father also stays close to his mother,
because he is jealous of their close connection. Max is scared to confront his father,
because his father is much bigger in size and is in a higher authority with the ability to
punish him. In what 'Psychosexual Development' stage is Max in?
a. Phallic stage
b. Oral stage
c. Oedipus complex
d. Anal stage
5. Which therapy emphasizes the unity of body and mind?
a. Gestalt therapy
b. Client-centered therapy
c. Rational-Emotive therapy
d. Cognitive-Behaviour therapy
6. Albert Bandura's belief that personality is determined by many interactions such as
how our actions affect our environment, our environment affects our behaviour and our behaviour/environment affects our thoughts, is called:
b. Reciprocal determinism
c. Five-factor Model
d. The Dark Triad
7. The (i) __________ includes mental events of which we are not aware, the (ii)
___________ involves mental events that may become conscious through effort, and
the (iii) _____________ entails mental events of which we are aware.
a. (i) unconscious, (ii) pleasure principle, (iii) conscious
b. (i) preconscious, (ii) unconscious, (iii) conscious
c. (i) unconscious, (ii) preconscious, (iii) conscious
d. (i) preconscious, (ii) conscious, (iii) unconscious
8. Self serving bias is the tendency to:
a. Attribute our accomplishments and success to internal causes and failures to external
b. To attribute one's own behaviour to external factors but others' behaviour to internal
c. Believe that people get what they deserve in life; fundamental attribute error
d. To overestimate the significance of internal factors and underestimate the significance
of external factors
9. Which of the following is Selye's 3 physiological stages?
a. Resistance, Exhaustion, Death
b. Resistance, Exhaustion, Illness
c. Alarm, Resistance, Exhaustion
d. Alarm, Resistance, Illness
10. According to Sternberg's Theory of Love, which kind of relationship constitutes the
three elements of love?
a. Romantic love
b. Companionate love
c. Infatuated love
d. Consummate love
p. 506 11. Miriam witnessed the death of her father at a very young age. She had suddenly
become paralyzed from the waist down and can no longer remember the events of that
day. This is an example of what defense mechanisms?
a. Projection and the reality principle
b. Conversion and Repression
c. Conversion and Reaction Formation
d. Suppression and Rationalization
12. A person who lacks impulse control, has drastic mood swings, inappropriate anger,
becomes bored easily and is suicidal is exhibiting symptoms of -------------------.
a. Borderline personality disorder
b. Histrionic personality disorder
c. Schizoid personality disorder
d. Paranoid personality disorder
13. According to the humanistic approach , both Freud and Maslow believes that
motivation is one of the central aspects of personality, but Maslow believes that human
motivation is based on the
a. Hierarchy of understanding
b. Hierarchy of motivation
c. Hierarchy of personality
d. Hierarchy of needs
14. Andy is an irritable and an ill-tempered individual. According to the Humoral Theory
of Personality, Andy is a ______ person.
15. Andrew has schizophrenia. Sometimes he is caught not moving for hours in one
position. His schizophrenia is best described as:
a. Motor schizophrenia
b. Disorganized schizophrenia
c. Kinetic schizophrenia
d. Catatonic schizophrenia
p. 575 16. What is the protein in the immune system that recognizes antigens and helps kill
invading micro- organism?
c. B lymphocytes
d. T lymphocytes
17. When Jenny was little, she found a spider crawling in her lunchbox. Since that
incident, Jenny has become excessively fearful whenever she saw a spider. Jenny has:
a. Social phobia
c. Specific phobia
d. Panic disorder
18. Narcissa was encouraged by her family and friends to go see a therapist. Her
therapist found out she had a traumatic incident when she was a child. Her father used
to come home extremely drunk and used to hit her mother while Narcissa and her sister
used to hide under the bed. Her therapist asked her to talk to a chair imagining she was
talking to her father so she could release her thoughts and feelings while talking to the
chair. Which insight therapy is this?
b. Client-Centred therapy
c. Gestalt therapy
d. Humanistic therapy
19. Which is NOT a personality trait of someone who is said to be Sanguine?
20. Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity disorder is NOT characterized by:
a. A display of symptoms in at least two different settings
b. An interference with age-appropriate functioning socially, academically, or otherwise
c. Symptoms of hyperactivity, impulsivity or inattention as well as combinations thereof
d. The improvement of symptoms by age 7 p. 555
21. Psychologist Gordon Allport believed that _____ traits had the most powerful
influence on a person's behaviour.
22. If a person either restricts travel or needs a companion when away from home, this
person is likely to be suffered from which of the following psychological disorders?
b. Specific phobia
c. Panic attack
d. Social phobia
23. The body was thought to contain four fluids. It was thought that those who were
gloomy and had pessimistic temperaments had an excess of which liquid?
a. Yellow bile
c. Black bile
24. “The Dark Triad” consists of:
a. Psychopath, narcissism, and villainism.
b. Narcissism, neuroticism, and negativity.
c. Machiavellianism, psychopathy, and narcissism.
d. Narcissm, Machiavellianism, and neuroticism.
25. According to Allport Central traits....
a. Include characteristics that have minor influences on consistency of behavior.
b. Are less singular in their influences than cardinal traits.
c. Are strong unifying influences on one's behavior.
d. All of the above
26. Which of the following disorders are symptomatically associated with Tourette's syndrome?
a. Phobic Disorder
b. Panic Disorder
c. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
d. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
27. Diets __________________________have been linked with specific health
disorders, such as coronary heart disease and cancer.
a. too high in saturated fats and too low in fiber
b. too low in saturated fats and too high in fiber
c. too high in both saturated fats and fiber
d. too low in both saturated fats and fiber
28. One day, your boss was getting on your nerves but you could not talk back to your
boss because you would get fired from your job. So, to relieve your stress and anger,
you yelled at your wife to relieve your temper and stress. That stress was originally for
your aggression against your boss but was accidentally used onto your wife.
Which of the following defense mechanisms was used?
29. Which of the following does NOT describe people w