RSM100 Final Exam Study Guide
1. What are the 4 purposes of goal setting?
2. What are the hierarchy of plans?
a. Corporate-level strategies
b. Functional strategies
c. Business-level strategies
1. Identify the ways a business
will compete in its chosen
line of products/services.
2. Identify the basic courses of
action each department in the firm
3. Indentifies the various businesses
that a company will be in, and how
these businesses will relate to each
4. Identify each as either corporate-level or business-level.
a. ___________ horizontal integration
b. ___________ differentiation strategy
c. ___________ focus strategy
d. ___________ product development
e. ___________ cost leadership
f. ___________ vertical integration
g. ___________ concentration strategy
h. ___________ investment reduction
i. ___________ diversification
j. ___________ geographic expansion
k. ___________ market penetration
schedule and environment under which it may change its strategy is an example of:
a. Crisis management
b. Environmental analysis
c. SWOT analysis
d. Contingency planning
6. The four steps to the management process are:
a. Planning, organizing, analyzing, controlling.
b. Structuring, organizing, analyzing, controlling.
c. Structuring, organizing, leading, controlling.
d. Planning, forming, leading, controlling.
e. Planning, organizing, leading, controlling.
7. Managers responsible for supervising the work of employees are __________.
a. Front-line managers
b. Top managers
c. First-line managers
d. On-site supervisors
e. Middle managers
8. Which of the following is or are not considered a basic management skill?
a. Negotiation skills
b. Conceptual skills
c. Human relations skills
d. A) and B)
e. They are all considered basic management skills.
9. Which of the following is not a leading cause of wasted time?
10. Forces that shape corporate culture are:
e. Values of maQDJHPHQW ILUP¶V KLVWRU\ VWRULHV DQGOHJHQGV VWURQJ
11. Which of the following is not a stage of the process of cultural change?
b. Formulation of a new vision.
c. Survey of opinions from employees.
d. Set up of new system for appraising and compensating enforcement
of new values.
e. They are all required to induce cultural change.
12. When a manager is organizing the specification of jobs to be done within a business and
determining how they relate to each other, he/she is focusing on the _____________.
a. Organization chart
b. Chain of command
c. Job specialization
e. Organizational structure
13. All of the following are types of departmentalization except _______________.
14. The three steps to developing a decision-making hierarchy are:
a. Assigning tasks, organizing activities, distributing authority.
b. Mapping tasks, assigning tasks, distributing authority.
c. Assigning tasks, evaluating authority, distributing authority.
d. Assigning tasks, performing tasks, distributing authority.
e. Assigning tasks, performing tasks, evaluating authority.
15. Managers have trouble delegating effectively is:
a. The fear that something will go wrong if someone else takes over a job.
b. The feeling that employees will always do anything they can.
c. The sense of always being informed about industry trends.
d. The lack of time for short-range planning.
e. None of the above.