Philosophy 1200 Study Guide - Vagueness, Black Sheep, Culpable Homicide

58 views54 pages

Document Summary

Welcome to lecture #7! (cid:73) review (cid:73) rest of chapter 3. So that we can communicate e ectively and have fruitful exchanges without wasting our time making unnecessary corrections. So that we can communicate e ectively and have fruitful exchanges without wasting our time making unnecessary corrections. (cid:73) if you"re uncharitable, people will not like you, and you"ll miss opportunities to have fruitful exchanges. Example (cid:73) i had the worst possible day today i slept in, forgot to hand in my critical thinking assessment, and lost my phone. Example (cid:73) i had the worst possible day today i slept in, forgot to hand in my critical thinking assessment, and lost my phone. (cid:73) uncharitable response: it could easily have been worse! For example, you could have been run over by a car. (cid:73) charitable response: poor you! (cid:73) the uncharitable interpretation takes the statement literally. This is uncharitable because the statement was obviously not meant to be taken literally.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers