[Philosophy 2250] - Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam (54 pages long!)

232 views54 pages

Document Summary

Normative: the way things should/ought to be: when thinking of normative, there may be a right way to do things. We always have decisions to make: choose between actions, beliefs, choosing to drive a car has several complex decisions involved. Difficult to live with yourself if you tell yourself you"re doing the wrong thing. But, the torture of animals is wrong. Character: this decision i make says something about me, my action also flows from the person that i am. Apology: evaluating a group of individuals, seeing that something has gone wrong, we"ve gone through a complex critical process, almost without thinking. What we want when we want things like justification. We want to not just claim we"re right, but show we"re right. An argument isn"t just a contradiction: collective series of statements to to establish a definite position, an argument can involve contradiction, but we need to include counter-arguments, and explain why things are wrong.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers