93. Which of the following is NOT an essential component of emotional intelligence?
a. The ability to perceive emotion.
b. Separating emotion from thought.
c. Reasoning with emotion.
d. Regulating emotion.
94. Authors of the Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test are striving to make
this test a
a. measure of personality characteristics.
b. measure of emotional temperament.
c. performance-based measure of the ability to deal effectively with emotions.
d. verbal-based measure of the ability to articulate effectively about emotions.
95. A person who has can monitor, identify, express and regulate emotions,
and comprehend the emotions of others.
a. adaptive coping
b. good self-esteem
c. appropriate catharsis
d. emotional intelligence
96. Research suggests that efforts to actively suppress emotions result in
a. increased autonomic arousal.
b. more efficient time management.
c. inevitable outbursts of physical aggression.
d. deficiencies in one’s ability to deal with others.
97. Students writing three essays about difficulties adjusting to college were than
students who wrote about other topics with less emotional connection.
b. less healthy
c. poorer students
d. performing better at school
98. Which of the following is NOT one of the suggested guidelines for using writing about