Sociology 2233 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Organism, Behaviorism, Classical Conditioning

75 views8 pages

Document Summary

Sci (driven by epistemological assumptions: n & r) study of relationship between individual & soc that focuses on the way that other ppl influence our thoughts, feelings & behaviours. Actively encourages us to reconstruct understanding of the world and place within. Encourages us to think about how we: think (how we process incoming info) Key soc sci to help us understand info in terms of how we do (descriptively) understand it & how we ought to (thematically) Major claim: all meanings i hold, and all that is meaningful to me is contingent upon my interactive involvement with others. Conceptual point of view: what is the case or about the way things are. Nominalism: way of explaining & thinking about social processes w reference to intentions of indiv actors. Nominalism on social reality: product of human consciousness (symbols) Methodology: qual (in depth interviews- want to understand) Conceptual nominalism: descriptive analytical claim about what is the case, how things are.