PP201 Study Guide - Final Guide: Euphemism, Necessity And Sufficiency, Tu Quoque

474 views23 pages
5 Jul 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

An attempt to justify or prove a conclusion. Make you believe something (conclusion) with reason(s) (premise) given to provoke you to believe it, even if you don"t care about the topic. Criteria: attempt to convince me of something that i was unaware of previous, reasons given to convince me that they are true. Key words: thus, therefore, hence, so, it follows, shows that, indicates, proves, as well as: for, since, because, that reason, on the grounds, follows, Exclusions: if somebody states the argument, not directed to you, if it describes or defines something. It"s twelve o"clock, and he always eats lunch at twelve o"clock. Conclusion is not obvious, and trying to prove it. Gives you a reason to justify a stance. Criteria: the link between the statement and the evidence needs to be known, no reasons to believe it is true. Gives a cause of why someone does something or believes something. John went to lunch because he was hungry.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers