1. The maximization or minimization of a quantity is the
a. goal of management science.
b. decision for decision analysis.
c. constraint of operations research.
d. objective of linear programming.
2. Which of the following is a valid objective function for a linear programming problem?
a. Max 5xy
b. Min 4x + 3y + (2/3)z
c. Max 5x + 6y 2
d. Min (x1+ x 2/x 3
3. A solution which satisfies all the constraints of a linear programming problem except the nonnegativity
constraints is called
4. To find the optimal solution to a linear programming problem using the graphical method
a. find the feasible point that is the farthest away from the origin.
b. find the feasible point that is at the highest location.
c. find the feasible point that is closest to the origin.
d. none is these is true.
5. The improvement in the value of the objective function per unit increase in a right-hand si