3351 Assignment 3 SU 2012.doc

9 Pages

Department
Administrative Studies
Course Code
ADMS 3351
Professor
all

This preview shows pages 1,2 and half of page 3. Sign up to view the full 9 pages of the document.
Description
AP/ADMS 3351 A Operations Management Summer 2012 ASSIGNMENT 3 Due date : July 26, 2012 @ 10:00pm extended to July 29, 2012 (Sunday) @ 10:00pm Assignment Instructions (please read carefully) 1. While I encourage study groups and brainstorming, assignments are to be done on an individual basis. They are NOT group work. Please review the Senate Policy on Academic Honesty at the following URL: http://www.yorku.ca/secretariat/policies/document.php?document=69 2. Penalties for infractions such as cheating and/or plagiarism are severe and will be enforced. 3. Your name and student number must be on every page of your assignment. 4. Assignments should be organized by question. That means every piece of information for that question is found in the same section of the report. If I have to look for it, it is not organized. 5. All calculations are to be completed to the 4 decimal place, unless told otherwise. Show your Work. 6. Must use provided cover page. (page 2 of this document). You must sign the cover page. 7. Each Question( 1 to 3) must start on a new page, do not include a cover page for each question. Staple your assignment and supporting documents (if any) as appendix to individual question reports. 8. Equations can be generated in either word or excel using the following instructions within the program: Insert > Object > Microsoft Equation 9. Assignments are to be typed on the computer using statistical analysis programs and word processing programs (i.e. Word and Excel).. Handwritten material will not be marked. 10. If more than one copy of the assignment submitted or same student name appears on more than one assignment the latest copy submitted within deadline will be selected. 11. This assignment has nine pages in all having four questions. 12. Assignments submitted after the due date and time (mentioned above) will not be accepted. 13. Please remember that this is a testing instrument and, in fairness to all students, I will not be answering questions related to the assignment. Just do your best. 14. Please submit only one file for the assignment either in word (doc) or pdf format. If you submit Assignment more than one time then last copy submitted will be marked. 15. After submission, must check that your assignment is submitted. YORK UNIVERSITY Toronto, Ontario ADMS3351 3.0 Operations Management Summer 2012 Assignment # 3 Submitted to Prof. Shamim Abdullah Date Submitted: ____________ Due Date: July 29, 2012 until 10:00pm Submit online as instructed Personal Work Statement I, the undersigned: • warrant that the work submitted herein is my work and not the work of others • acknowledge that I have read and understood the Senate Policy on Academic Honesty • acknowledge that it is a breach of the University Regulations to give and receive unauthorized assistance on a graded piece of work • acknowledge that in case of cheating I will receive a score of “0” . • acknowledge that in case of not typing my assignment or not submitting it on time, I will receive a score of “0” Name (typed) York Student # Section Signature Following questions are submitted, please check the respective box(Max marks 100) Question # 1 32 marks Question # 2 8 marks Question # 3 15 marks Question # 4 45 marks Question # 1 Item Z219 has the following intended BOM: Intended Bill of Material Level 0 1 2 Quantity Z219 1 R25 4 B5 2 F3 1 N35 2 L7 3 F3 2 K45 3 D9 5 The following inventory information relevant t item Z291 has just been reported: Item On-Hand Order Quantity Lead Time Scheduled receipt (if any in the (weeks) beginning of week) Z291 190 L4L 1 B5 200 Lot of size 9000 1 D9 23800 Lot of size 2000 2 2000 units each in week1 & 2 F3 7200 Lot of size 8000 1 K45 1720 L4L 1 L7 9825 Lot of size 1000 2 1000 units in week2 N35 1285 L4L 1 R25 2300 L4L 1 a) Draw low-level coded bill of material? b) Prepare an MRP schedule for all the items to cover six-week planning horizon. The MPS for item Z291 shows gross requirement of 750 units in week 2, 1800 units in week 4 and 1500 units in week 6? (Must use MRP table provided, if you need you can copy more but don’t alter this table, however you need to fill it with appropriate numbers) Item : Period (week) Lot Size: Lead Time : On Hand: Safety Stock: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Gross requirements Scheduled receipts On hand from prior period Net requirements Planned order receipts Planned order release Question # 2 Atkinson Hamburger (AH) places a daily order for its hamburger. AH counts its current inventory on hand once per day and phone in its order for delivery 24 hours later. Determine the number of hamburgers AH should order for the following conditions: Average daily demand 800, Standard deviation of demand 105, Desired service probability 97%, Hamburger inventory 928 hamburgers. Question # 3 The annual demand of ABM Inc. for sku # 40771 is 16,000 units. The Cost Accounting department has determined that the average fixed cost to place an order of item #40771 is $156.52, while the annual inventory carrying cost is $0.25 per unit. A. What is the economic order quantity? B. What is the time between successive orders, i
More Less
Unlock Document

Only pages 1,2 and half of page 3 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit